Congressman Polis's office would be happy to help you in securing any of the following: a congratulatory greeting from the President for a birthday (for persons 80 years of age or over) or a wedding anniversary (50 years of marriage or more). Presidential Greetings are also available upon achievement of the Eagle Scout or the Girl Scout Gold Award. Please provide at least six weeks advance notice.
To Submit Greeting Requests
Please fax, mail, or email the following information to Tom Clancy in the Washington Office.
Please review these guidelines carefully before sending your request:
U.S. CITIZENS ONLY. The White House will send greetings to United States citizens only, for special occasions as outlined below.
ADVANCE NOTICE REQUIRED. Our office must receive your request six (6) weeks in advance of the event date. We make every effort to honor every request, but we cannot guarantee a greeting if this guideline is not met. (Greetings are generally not sent after the event date, except for wedding congratulations and newborn acknowledgments.)
ANNIVERSARY GREETINGS. Anniversary greetings extend only to couples that celebrate their 50th (and subsequent) wedding anniversary.
BIRTHDAY GREETINGS. Birthday greetings will be sent only to individuals 80 years of age and above.
OTHER GREETINGS. A limited number of special occasions other than birthdays and anniversaries exist for which the Greetings Office will send appropriate recognition to United States citizens. These occasions include important events such as:
- Wedding (send your request after the event)
- Baby's Birth (must be born during the President's Administration; send request only after baby's birth)
- Eagle Scout Award
- Girl Scout Gold Award
- Bar/Bat Mitzvah or equivalent occasion
REQUIRED INFORMATION. Please include the following in your request:
- Name and home address of honoree(s)
- Form of address (Mr., Ms., Mrs., Dr., Miss, etc.)
- Exact date of occasion (month, day, year)
- Age (birthdays) or number of years of marriage
- Your (the requestor's) name and daytime phone number
- Wedding (Include couple's married names and current or new address)
- Baby's Birth (Include baby's date of birth and full names and address of baby and parents)
WHEN TO EXPECT YOUR GREETING. In most cases, greetings will be mailed from the White House approximately ten (10) days before the event.
For all presidential greeting issues, please contact Tom Clancy in the Washington Office.