U.S. Representative Jared Polis

U.S. Postal Service

I can help obtain answers or facilitate your requests to move your mailbox, change your address, resolve mail delivery issues, and address USPS employee grievances. In addition to what you see below, please contact one of my district offices with questions you may have or to request personal assistance with a matter pertaining to the USPS.

Helpful USPS Sites

Commonly Asked Postal Questions

Can congressman Polis help me with a delivery problem I am experiencing with the United States Postal Service?

Yes. My office works directly with the regional postmaster to ensure that constituents' difficulties are resolved.

Can I move a mailbox?

As a general rule, mailboxes can be moved only for individuals who have physical conditions that inhibit their ability to retrieve their mail. However, the USPS considers mailbox placement requests on a case-by-case basis. 

According to USPS regulations, a curbside mailbox must be placed to allow safe and convenient delivery by carriers without leaving their vehicles. The box must be on the right-hand side of the road in the direction of the carriers travel on any new rural route or highway contract route, in all cases where traffic conditions are dangerous for the carriers to drive to the left to reach the box, or where their doing so would violate traffic laws and regulations. (USPS Regulation DO41, 2.7 )

I think my mail is being tampered with. Where should I report it?

If you suspect your mail is being tampered with, contact your local postmaster as soon as possible. The Suspicious Mail publication provides examples of mail that should be regarded with caution.

The Security Mail Center also issued the following publications addressing mail security issues:

Where can I find the current postal rates?

Price information is also readily available on the Postal Service Website. You can also click here for the USPS postage price calculator.

How can I get information on jobs with the Postal Service?

The Postal Service often has openings throughout the country. Click here to get information on the requirements and the application process.

Office Contact

In order to open a case on your behalf , I need a signed letter or privacy authorization form from you, giving permission to look into your case. Due to the Privacy Act of 1974, no inquiries can be made without such written consent. As such, an e-mail will not suffice as a release. A written signature must be given.

For all Postal issues, please download and fill out the privacy authorization form and mail or fax it to Danielle Henry in the Boulder office.

Latest News

Social Feeds


In The Press

Read More News

Office Locations

Contact one of my offices