U.S. Representative Jared Polis

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I know if I am in Congressman Polis’ district?
To find the Congressional district that you are served by, visit the House of Representative website and enter your zip code in the upper right hand corner.

What does a U.S. Representative do?
Members of Congress are responsible for representing the people of their District in the United States Congress. Part of this responsibility includes drafting and voting on legislation in the U.S. Congress. Representatives decide whether to vote for or against every bill that comes before the full House of Representatives. All bills must pass both House of Representatives and the U.S. Senate before they can go to the President to be signed into law.

In order to produce better legislation, Members spend a lot of time meeting with people who live in the state to talk about what is happening in government and to listen to their suggestions for bills. They also participate in hearings and briefing, and have to work to build support for their position.

What can Congressman Polis do for me?

Sometimes it can be difficult to navigate the maze of the federal government. An important part of being a representative is to help local residents if they are experiencing a problem with a federal agency. Congressman Polis' office can serve as a liaison between you and a federal agency. Below is a list of some of the issues that my district office can help you with.

Please visit the Help with Federal Agencies page for more information.

I am visiting the Washington, D.C. area and would like to tour the Capitol, can your office assist with that?

Our office would be happy to assist you in your trip the Nation’s capitol. Please visit our Tour Request Form for further details.

How can I find out how Congressman Polis voted on legislation?

Just visit our Recent Votes page or use the Library of Congress' THOMAS system to look up any vote by Congressman Polis or any representative or senator.

Does Congressman Polis have an internship program?

Yes, and we encourage you to apply. Please visit our internship section to get all the details.

How may I request a meeting or invite Congressman Polis to an event?

Please visit our webform to fill out a scheduling request form for your event. Our scheduling office will get back with you shortly after you submit your form.

Where can I get more information on applying for Federal grants?

The grants page provides guidance and key resources to help eligible grant-seekers find information on federal grants, loans, and nonfinancial assistance for projects, as well as on private funding.

How can I obtain a passport?

If you are having a problem with receiving your passport, our Boulder office may be able to help.

What opportunities exist for students?

Our office provides a number of opportunities for students including:
  • Congressional Internships --Working in a Congressional office can be an incredibly rewarding and exciting experience. An internship provides an excellent opportunity to gain valuable experience, and observe first-hand how our government operates. Interns gain practical work experience by undertaking a variety of administrative and legislative responsibilities in the office.
  • Congressional Page Program --High school students learn first-hand about Congress; live together right near the Capitol, and work as support staff for the House of Representatives.
  • Art Competition --This nationwide art competition has been coordinated and conducted by Members of the House of Representatives in their own districts since 1981. The competition is open to high school students and provides Members of Congress and the public the opportunity to recognize the artistic talents of our youth.
  • Academy Nominations -- To be considered for an appointment to one of the United States Service Academies, an applicant must receive a nomination from an authorized nominating source.

How can I get a flag flown over the U.S. Capitol?

Our office can provide U.S. flags for a nominal fee as a service to my constituents. At your request you can have your flag flown over the U.S. Capitol. To order start the process of ordering a flag on-line use our webform or call our Washington, D.C. office at 202-225-2161.

Latest News

Social Feeds


In The Press

Read More News

Office Locations

Contact one of my offices